Covid-19 Impact: Insights from the VulnerableNovember 02, 2021
Nigeria’s Government Enterprise & Empowerment Programme (GEEP) offers interest and collateral-free credit to millions of micro SMEs operating at the bottom of the Nigerian economic pyramid. While it was obvious that Covid-19 and the lockdown of major Nigerian cities affected GEEP beneficiaries, what that impact looked like was unknown. Accordingly, with the support of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors and project funder the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a survey was conducted between August 2020 to May 2021 targeting GEEP beneficiaries across Nigeria’s six geopolitical regions.
The findings, key lessons, and recommendations from this Covid-19 Impact Survey were presented in events coordinated by RPA and the Bank of Industry’s Growth Platform in October 2021, with different events focused on specific audiences.
Insights from the Vulnerable
Created for public sector leaders, policymakers, and the broader business community, this session covered:
- Global views on the impact of Covid-19 pandemic on businesses
- Views from Africa (particularly Uganda) on the impact of Covid-19 pandemic on businesses
- Trends, findings, and key takeaways from the survey
- Intervention programs and plans by the growth platform following survey findings
Data Deep Dive
Targeted to the research community and academia, topics discussed during this webinar included:
- Research methodology, including how data was collected, background of respondents, and responses overview
- Major constructs that surfaced over time from the peak of the lockdown through easing
- Intervention programs and plans by the growth platform following insights from survey findings
- Q&A and a walkthrough of the Survey Reports Portal
Photo by Temitope Amodu on Unsplash.Back to News