Press, Commentary and Events
In the Press
The Theory of the Foundation concepts, principles, and resources have been discussed in the press and throughout the philanthropic sector. Below are some of those articles.
- Grant Makers Should Tell Society How They’ll Use Their Wealth and Power, Report Says The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Foundations Need to Judge Themselves on More Than What They Fund Fast Company
- Grant Makers Urged to Rethink How They Are Organized and How They Operate The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- How Foundations are Transforming Risk into Opportunity Philanthropy News Digest
- How the William Grant Foundation Clarified its Role Barron’s Penta
- Philanthropy’s Social Compact in a Changing World Alliance
- Corporate Philanthropy’s COVID-19 Test The European Business Review
- The Philanthropy Canvas: Evaluating a Foundation’s Operating Model Alliance
- New Philanthropic Model in The Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors’ Philanthropy Framework National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers
- Aligning Resources for Good: Incorporating SRI into a Philanthropic Framework Green Money Journal
- A Framework to Innovate for the Future Third Force News
- Building Consensus Through a New Social Compact Next Generation
Events and Other Articles
Over the course of the Theory of the Foundation initiative, workshops, seminars, and symposia sparked discussions and analyses, some of which are listed below.
Theory of the Foundation seminars, symposia, and workshops
- The Philanthropy Framework Webinar recording
- Catalyzing Innovation Through Prize Philanthropy: Seminar Recap
- Upending Philanthropy’s Power Dynamics: A Workshop Recap
Additional posts and articles
- How Diverse Organizations Differ: Insights from The Philanthropy Framework Self-Assessment Tool
- To Whom is Your Philanthropy Accountable?